Wednesday, June 1, 2011

GEARS OF WAAAGH!!!


Found this little tid bit of information here at Beasts of War and oh boys and boyz am I excited.

For anyone who is a big Gears fan and a wargamer, it's pretty safe to say that this has been in the back of your mind for years now. The Gears of War Board Game. I know, the name sounds lame but this ain't yo daddy's board game. It features over 30 plastic figures, 200 cards, 17 double sided map tiles and more. There's also something called locust AI cards which effect how the enemy works. I'm wondering if this means that no one is going to have to play as the bad guys. I guess we'll see as part of me does want to play as the locust.

It all reminds me of Last night on Earth, a zombie board game where survivors fought zombie players and played out various missions. They both have a card system with dice, miniatures and pretty cool maps. I really like Last Night on Earth and I'm expecting The Gears of War Board game even better. Whether I'll shell out the 80 dollar price tag for it, we'll see but I'm totally open to anyone who wants to buy it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment